Magnolia Community Edition is a free, easy-to-use powerful Enterprise Content Management system. It is available under an Open Source license, the GPL version 3. Magnolia Community Edition includes an AJAX-powered intuitive web-browser interface, a clear Java programming API and a useful custom tag library for easy templating in JSP and Servlets. It can use any JSR-283 compliant content repository.
There is plenty of information available publicly to get started with Magnolia Community Edition or to get help with more advanced issues.
- And more
Magnolia Community Edition provides the must-have benefits of modern content management systems:
- Open Source
Magnolia Community Edition provides all the functionality needed to quickly set up a website, be productive as a content author, ensure stable operations and easily maintain the site.
- Inline editing
- Web-based user interface runs with any browser
- Move, copy, re-order by drag and drop
- Human readable web addresses (a.k.a. "friendly URL's")
- Digital asset management
- Role-based user management
- Access-controlled full-text or meta-data search
- Multilingual user interface and content
- Time-based publishing
- 100% Java/J2EE compliance
- Clustering and load balancing
- High-performance caching system
If in need for a professionally supported version of Magnolia which also includes advanced content management functionality, consider buying the vendor-supported Magnolia Enterprise Edition.