Magnolia is a digital business platform with a CMS at its core. We’re an innovative, fast growing organization at the pulse of the digital transformation, seeking a Senior Product Manager, WEB for our HQ-Offices in Basel, Switzerland.
We’re looking for a professional who understands what is special about Magnolia and is able to market that uniqueness in a way that will help us win significantly more customers without significantly increasing costs.
Role and responsibilities
- Lead product management of www.magnolia-cms.com and its related customer- and partner-facing websites, such as dx.magnolia-cms.com.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of the websites. Know the details of how the sites work, what our competitors are doing, our company priorities, and the tasks to be done.
- Collaborate with product managers, marketers and other business stakeholders to design and manage the roadmaps and strategies for the websites, informed by input from stakeholders across the company.
- Coordinate multiple distributed cross-functional teams to build, launch and maintain engaging, useful and usable web experiences.
- Manage project ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organized and structured way.
- Design and manage the processes needed to coordinate content management by multiple cross-functional teams working on multiple sites in multiple languages across multiple timezones.
- Continuously optimize the usability and performance of the websites based on product performance analysis, usability testing, on-site search query review, web metrics, etc. Define and report on website metrics.
- Maintain a deep understanding of our product offerings and the customer needs that drive them.
- Advocate for the necessity of user-centered design and great web experiences on the team and within Magnolia.
- CH or EU citizenship (or a valid Swiss work permit)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Experience/Interaction Design or related fields (or equivalent experience)
- Proven track record of successfully managing complex multi-language websites for multiple regions that are produced by distributed teams
- 5+ years of web product management experience with 2+ years of UI/UX design or web development experience.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities
- Demonstrated ability to turn high level ideas and requirements into technical specifications
- Demonstrated ability to take a broad view on website decisions across disciplines – sales, product development, marketing, legal, etc.
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries with a track record of building excellent relationships with a broad range of peers and executives
- Strong background working with data and analytics
- Fluent in English
- Experience conducting usability research
- Strong visual design skills
- Type, color, layout, hierarchy
- Multi-disciplinary, always-learning mindset
- Fluent in German
How we work
Magnolia is a great place to work. The founders have established a healthy, diverse and multicultural environment, based on friendliness, respect and a responsible “work/life” balance. The office itself is well located, comfortable and filled with natural light. It is not unusual for an after-work apéro on the terrace to last a few extra hours. We enjoy each other's company. We participate in the Magnolia community by contributing to the forums, blogging, attending conferences and hosting our own annual conference. We’re passionate about what we create; design and craft matter to us - whether it be in the graphics, the user experience or the code.