In just six weeks, Viking Cruises launched a seamless online booking portal with Magnolia CMS as the central content hub.
Viking Cruises is the world's leading river cruise line and a leader in small ship ocean cruising. The company operates a fleet of over 70 state-of-the-art vessels, with several more ships on the way. Each year, over 400,000 guests join the cruise line on nearly 200 itineraries and 3,500 excursions.
With their fleet and global reach growing, Viking received an influx of digitally savvy customers. These customers wanted seamless self-service features and the ability to engage with Viking across a range of digital channels. The company knew it needed a modern digital platform to keep up with these growing demands for cutting-edge customer experiences.
By choosing Magnolia CMS as a centralized content hub, Viking was able to launch an innovative online booking portal, as well as streamline its digital and print content—all in just six weeks.
Why Viking Cruises Chose Magnolia
- Marketer-friendly Workflows: Streamlined approval and publishing processes make managing assets across different systems, teams, and geographical regions much easier
- Asset Scalability: Viking’s vast and growing volume of digital assets can be managed from one centralized location
- Hybrid headless: Magnolia’s flexible, API-first solution supports omnichannel experiences on web, mobile, print and more
- Speed of deployment: With the flexibility of Magnolia, Viking had production instances deployed in just six weeks
- External DAM Support: Viking needed easy integration with an external DAM system backed by an S3 bucket
- Flexible content modelling: Content models could be iteratively changed to fit complex content and asset types
Discover Magnolia features
Find out what Magnolia can do for you
Request a personal demo tailored to your business needs.